The built-in webcams on laptops, tablets, and desktop computers nowadays are typically high quality and HD enough for video conferencing and Skyping friends and colleagues. But for those out there who need suitable webcams for streaming and creating videos / vlogs, the default options are definitely insufficient for your specific needs, ranging from frame rate and resolution to lens quality. A solid webcam is one that is sold individually so that it has enough hardware and software to power higher frames per second (FPS) you’re able to record. While FPS is an indicator of how smooth your videos look, the resolution determines how high-quality it is. For professional-looking videos, you want to make sure you eliminate any graininess of fuzziness so that your viewers are getting the best image quality. If you’re moving around, you also want to make sure that your webcam has the ability to focus on the subject regardless of the movements and shifts that might be taking place on screen.
These are a lot of factors to take into consideration, so we’ve created our picks of some of the best webcams for all your Twitch and YouTube needs. Take a look below for our recommendations!
Our Favorite Webcams for Twitch and YouTube In 2020
- AUKEY Webcam 2K HD with Auto Light Adjustment, Manual Focus and Mic, Live Streaming Camera, USB Webcam for Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, Compatible with Windows, Mac OS and Android
This Aukey webcam really shines when you’re recording or streaming videos. The 1080 HD quality is extremely consistent, and at 30fps the videos are extremely smooth. The lens is fast (f2), which is great, and the audio quality is also a good upgrade from default laptop webcams. It adjusts light automatically so you don’t need to worry about whether you’re in a dark room or whether natural light is or is not filtering in, although it doesn’t actually come with lights in the webcam itself. It is designed to be extremely user-friendly, so you don’t need to worry about reading through instruction manuals or fiddling with wires and other set-up inconveniences before getting this to work once you get it. One reviewer commented that “this computer camera can give that quality that you ever dreamed for especially for this price.”
No products found.
- Spedal Full HD 1080P / 30fps Webcam with Built-In Dual Analog Microphones, Extend Angle Computer Gaming Streaming Webcam for OBS Xbox XSplit Skype Facebook, Compatible for Mac OS Windows 10/8/7
The Spedal webcam is a great, budget-friendly option if you’re looking to upgrade from your built-in webcam to something with a little bit more punch. This has a full HD, 7-layer lens and 100-degree wide-angle so that you can have excellent video quality while ensuring that the maximum amount of video can be captured. If you don’t want to fiddle with the lighting around you, the Spedal webcam has automatic low-light correction so that you don’t need to worry about turning on and off lights depending on the time of day. There’s also an analog microphone that is noise-cancelling so you can ensure that none of the sounds from your surroundings are filtered in when you’re trying to stream or record a video. Depending on your needs, the manual focus might not be what you’re looking for, but it’s a good option for people who don’t like the automatic focus aspects of other webcams. Overall, it’s a quick plug-and-play option. As one reviewer noted, “the Spedal Live Camera worked right out of the box! I did not have to go through any lengthy instructions, just plugged it in and opened up whatever program uses the camera and selected the Live Camera USB.”
- [Full HD 1080P Webcam] True-to-life Panoramic high definition 1920 X 1080P resolution at 30 fps. specifically designed for professional video conferencing, social video, gaming video, video calling and video recordings.
Logitech is known for its high-quality products and the BRIO is no exception. Thanks to its HDR feature, premium glass lens, and a 4K image sensor, this webcam is able to provide high-quality and true-to-life videos. It has autofocus to ensure that you don’t need to mess around with manual operations, and also comes with built-in RightLight 3 which automatically adjusts the exposure and contrast no matter where you are and how dark the room is. You can choose from three areas of view settings to create the right look for your videos, and also has HD 5x zoom if you want to get really detailed with what you’re filming. One reviewer commented that after “recently buying and installing ALL the necessary updates and software, I do want to admit that it’s a REALLY good 4K camera. I won’t be using the 4K, I only wanted it for the 1080p 60fps aspect of the camera AND also how largely view-able the camera angle is. It’s a very very beautiful camera to use and record with once you fix the settings to how you’d like them.”
- SUPPORT WORK FROM ANYWHERE WITH SYNC: Whether employees are in the office, at home, or somewhere else, Sync device management software helps everyone stay connected by letting you ensure their Logitech video collaboration personal devices are being used and up to date.
- Ultra 4K HD resolution: 4 times the resolution of a typical HD webcam; look your best and enjoy professional video experience wherever you are with 5x HD zoom.
- Auto light adjustment: Logitech RightLight 3 uses HDR technology to show you in the best light, even in low-light and backlit situations.
- Noise-canceling technology: Dual omni-directional mics suppress background sound so you can be heard clearly.
- 3 field of view presets: Choose 90°, 78° or 65° dFOV via Logi Tune to include more of your environment or narrow the focus on you.
Another Logitech gem, the C922x Pro is one of the best webcams out there for Twitch streaming, and for good reason. It has high-quality specs and sharp 1080p resolution with 30fps rate, thanks to its full HD glass lens with autofocus feature. What’s really unique about the C922x is its background removal feature, powered by Personify, which allows you to remain as the central focus point of your video stream instead of everything around you. There’s an omnidirectional microphone built in with noise reduction feature, which is extremely advanced for a webcam. As one gamer attested, “I bought the C922x for Twitch streaming purposes only and I must say this webcam is a must. Upon plugging the webcam into a USB connection, the Logitech Camera Settings desktop app downloaded in which you can adjust the webcam control that involved how close or far you want the camera from your position and an auto focus option. You also have the Advance Settings in which you can adjust the brightness, contrast, color intensity and white balance (which is clicked on auto by default).”
- Web Camera specifically designed and optimized for Professional quality video streaming on social gaming and entertainment sites like Twitch and YouTube
- Stream and record vibrant, true-to-life HD 1080P video at 30Fps/ 720P at 60FPS. Compatibility- Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10, macOS X 10.9 or higher, XBox One, Chrome OS, Android v5.0 or above, USB port
- Background replacement technology (powered by personify) allows you to integrate your live image and any background Scene, right onto your stream (only works with Windows 7 and above)
- Full HD glass lens and premium autofocus deliver razor-sharp, clear video in consistent high Definition while two Built-in mics capture your voice in rich Stereo Audio
- Record clear videos even in dim or poorly backlit settings with automatic light Correction.Cable length:5 ft