Traveling is one of the best investments you can give yourself. Not only can you expand your horizons and experience new cultures, the memories you’ll make will last a lifetime. However, sometimes you want to make sure those memories can last forever, and what better way to capture your great adventure than through the lens of a camera. But not all of us are expert photographers, which is why it’s important to invest in a point and shoot camera for your next trip.
Point and shoot cameras are made to, well, point and shoot, without having to fight with any of the complex settings on modern cameras. Compact, intuitive, and made with enough storage to capture all the great memories you make on your trip, a good point and shoot camera is worth it’s weight in gold when you’re on vacation. Still, it can be expensive to look for a high quality camera, and with so many options on the market to choose from, how can you be sure you’re getting the best deal out there?
That’s why we’ve gone ahead and picked out the top 4 best point and shoot cameras for travel under $300, so you can check one more thing off of your packing list before you get ready to board the plane. Without further ado, here are the top point and shoot cameras for travel under $300.
Our Favorite Point and Shoot Cameras In 2020
This flat, compact camera is made for travel, with a slim design ideal for slipping into your carry on or fanny pack before you head to your destination. With an 8x zoom function and a 2.7-inch LCD screen to help you take high resolution pictures, this point and shoot camera is made with the photography novice in mind. With anti-shake technology as well as facial tracking, smile capture, continue shot, and self timer settings, this tiny camera packs a big punch. The only downsides to keep in mind for this convenient camera are that it does not come with its own SD card, and it can only work continuously for 60 minutes without needing to be recharged. But those facts aside, as one reviewer noted, “The camera is of good quality, small size, and lightweight It can be easily put into the pocket for easy use. The operation is simple, not too complicated.”
- Newest software is updated! The applicable uses for this digital camera: digital still images, web Cam, play back, video record, voice reord and so on.
- 2.7" Tft LCD display show you vivid video, 550mAh lithium Ion (li-ion) rechargeable battery can Support camera works more than 60 minutes.
- 21 Mega pixels resolution for good capture, create your HD masterpiece! Support external-memory max 64G SD card, SD card not included in the package box , customers need to buy certified brand SD card, we recommend that you use 32GB to 4GB, Memory Card Speed: Class 4 above，SD card needs to be formatted before using.
- Anti-shake, face detect, smile capture, continue shot, self timer, 8x digital zoom, photags express software for photo editing, printing, and sharing with e-mails, etc.
- Satisfaction , you'll love this video camera digital or you'll get your money back!
With a 25x digital zoom, a 405 shot eco mode battery life, and 3.0-inch LCD screen for easy image review, the Canon PowerShot SX620 Digital Camera is a great point and shoot option for the seasoned traveler. The wi-fi and NFC-enabled operating system is perfect for easily sharing pictures on the go, and with a 5 hour review mode to help you sort through your pictures, you’re sure to become a travel photography professional in no time flat. While this camera does not come with an SD card at the base level, this allows you to customize the side of your SD storage, so you can hold more pictures than you would with a camera with preloaded storage. However if you are looking for a macro or portrait camera, you may need to read the instruction manual first, as one reviewer pointed out, “This is a nice compact camera, lightweight and very small. Takes good pictures, however, be very careful of your focus point. Based on long shots the focus point could be near or far and the other end will be blurred. Overall the camera seems worth the price.”
- Powerful 25x Optical Zoom with Intelligent IS helps optimize image stabilization for virtually shake free images
- Built in Wi Fi* and NFC** allows for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos. Maximum f/number : f/3.2 f/6.6. Shutter Speed 1 1/2000 second 15 1/2000 second (in all shooting modes)
- 20.2 Megapixel*** CMOS sensor with DIGIC 4+ Image Processor helps deliver stunning image quality even in low light. Auto zoom dependent on number of subjects
- Capture spectacular 1080p Full HD video. Focusing Range : 1 centimeter (0.4 Inches) infinity (W), 1.0 meter (3.3feet) infinity (T)
- Large 3.0 inch (approximately 922,000 dots) LCD allows easy viewing even from a wide angle. Battery life: Approx. 295 shots, Eco Mode: Approx. 405 shots, Playback Mode: Approx. 360 minute Image Recording Format: Superfine / Fine
What could make a better point and shoot camera for travel than its own carrying case? The Nikon COOLPIX A10 Starter Bundle includes a charger cord, camera, carrying case, and 32 GB SD card, for everything you need to document your next trip abroad. With a 2.7-inch LCD display and a 5x digital zoom capacity, this easy-to-use camera can capture runs off of batteries, so you can easily carry replacements with you without worrying about finding a charging location. This camera is also compatible with Nikon rechargeable batteries, so you can save yourself money in the long run with just a slight up front investment. And with a durable, long-lasting charging cord, you won’t find yourself struggling for a charge again. As one reviewer raves, “What a great little camera for the price! When my Canon broke I was looking around for something not too expensive to take pictures of my plants and garden. This more than fills the bill, easy to use, sharp clear pictures, even better than my old Canon. Great buy!”
- 1 of Nikon COOLPIX A10
- 1 of Samsung 32GB 95MB/s (U1) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME32GA/AM)
- 1 of Nikon 25851 UC-E16 USB Cable
- 1 of Amazon Basics Large Point and Shoot Camera Case
This vertical digital camera with image stabilization technology comes equipped with its own auto mode, so you can simply point, shoot, and capture all your memories with just the click of a button. Despite this simple design, the additional features for this camera are sure to please, with an editing studio built in with fun effects like Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect and Monochrome to help you take Ansel Adams-worthy nature shots all with a compact, simple to use camera. With the included optical image stabilizer and 8x optical zoom features, you can catch even the most sensitive shot while traveling, making this a must-have camera for the world traveler. As one reviewer notes, “This is very small and light for keeping in your purse all the time, in case you don’t have one of the really expensive cell phone cameras. It takes quite good photos on Automatic under a variety of conditions; and it has a number of useful settings in the Program mode. It’s operation is easy to understand, and is intuitive so you don’t have to memorize anything.”
- 8x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer helps you capture images with flexibility and ease
- 20.0 Megapixel CCD sensor combines with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to help deliver stunning image quality
- 720p HD video capabilities. Focusing range: Normal: 2.0 inch - infinity (W), 4.3 feet (1.3 meter) - infinity (T)
- Smart auto intelligently selects the proper settings based on predefined shooting situations
- Digital IS helps reduce the effect of camera shake and subject movement. Operating temperature:32-104°F / 0-40°C. Compatible with Android devices version 4.0 or later