Most e-sport players agree that a good headset is essential for enhancing the overall gaming experience while improving your ability to advance within the game. This is all the more true when it comes to playing a shooter’s game like PUBG. The winner-takes-all design means that every footstep, rustle, and shot fired is an audio clue that gets you closer to life–winning–or death. If you’re playing as a team, it’s critical for you to be able to quickly communicate with other players through a built-in microphone that doesn’t pick up on other interference and distract from what’s at stake. Delays of a mere couple of seconds can often result in a defeat, rather than a victory. But whether you’re a solo or team player, a good headset that has a wide sound rage and minimal leakage can help you feel more immersed while you’re gaming without the distractions of the outside world. It should also be comfortable to wear for extended periods of time and compatible with different gaming consoles or other devices.
It may be daunting to find the right headset to fit your needs since there is such a wide selection on the market, so we’ve compiled our favorites to ensure that you’re equipped to dominate PUBG and similar games. Read on for our top picks for the best headset for PUBG in 2020 (mobile, Xbox, and PC) for both amateur and expert PUBG gamers.
Our Favorite Headsets for PUBG In 2020
- Sennheiser GAME ONE Gaming Headset, Open Acoustic, Noise-Canceling Mic, Flip-To-Mute, XXL Plush Velvet Ear Pads – Read Reviews
Players who value communication with teammates and sound quality will like the Sennheiser GAME ONE. Its slogan is “hear every detail of the game” and the GAME ONE offers exceptional sound clarity and accuracy. One of the other note-worthy parts of this headset is the microphone. The noise-cancellation ensures that your conversations with teammates are crystal clear, while the flip-to-mute design ensures that you can quickly control when you can be heard. The ear pads are truly comfortable and you will have no issue wearing this headset for long hours, while the open ear cup design keeps your head cool. On the downside, it doesn’t do as well of a job at blocking out background noise. Conversations or other sounds from your surroundings sometimes leak in, which can be distracting for intense gaming sessions. Nonetheless, this is a great overall headset that is intuitive to use and very user-friendly. One reviewer raves that the GAME ONE delivers “God tier gaming,” saying “I love these things. I’ve been gaming since dial up internet. Best headset I’ve owned.”
- Signature Sound Dynamics -Engineered For Incredibly Natural And Accurate, High Fidelity Sound, The Proprietary Speaker System Delivers The Bass Extension Balanced With The Other Frequencies To Deliver Extreme Acoustic Clarity
- Noise-Canceling Microphone - The Flexible Boom Arm Easily Adjusts For Best Voice Pick-Up Positioning And The Microphone Design Minimizes Background Noise For Acoustic Clarity And Crystal-Clear Communication.
- Open Acoustics - The Classic High-End Open Acoustic Gaming Headset Is Designed For Extremely Natural, Spatial Sound. It Delivers Sonically Accurate Hifi Audio That Reveals The Details And Dynamic Realism Of The Game’S Audio For Better Game Performance.
- Quick Volume Adjusting – An Integrated Volume Control Is Built The Right Ear Cup Of The Game One Headset For On-The-Fly Adjustments.
- Open back design keeps head cool while delivering extreme sonic clarity and accuracy courtesy of Sennheiser's model specific transducer technology (50 ohm)
- Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum, Wireless RGB 7.1 Dolby and DTS Headphone Surround Sound Gaming Headset – Read Reviews
Logitech definitely builds on its gaming mice and keyboard with its headsets, and the G933 Artemis is one of its top products. Wireless headsets don’t often provide good sound quality, but this headset delivers 7.1 Dolby Surround sound with lag-free, 2.4 GHz wireless connection. Indoors, the wireless range is up to 15m while it extends to up to 20m outdoors, so that you have flexibility in where you’re gaming and what you’re able to do while you’re plugged into the game. An additional, unique aspect of the G933 Artemis is that it allows you to plug in up to three devices simultaneously so that you can game while answering calls or playing your own music. It has a sleek, futuristic design that can really bring you into the game while ensuring the quality of your performance. The only con of the G933 Artemis is that the 12 hours of wireless battery (without lighting and 8 hours with default lighting) may not be ideal for marathon gaming sessions. Otherwise, one reviewer writes that the “sound quality is even and crisp, just what you can expect from Logitech.”
- SUPERIOR SOUND PERFORMANCE: The advanced Pro-GTM audio drivers deliver incredible audio with stereo, 7.1 Dolby Surround, or 7.1 DTS Headphone: X Surround Sound. Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz
- MULTI-PLATFORM COMPATIBILITY: This is the perfect headset for all of your devices, including PCs, PS3s, PS4s, the Xbox One, and any TV with powered USB or RCA audio output
- Surround sound is not available on game consoles. Xbox One requires 3.5mm wired connection, and may require Xbox One headset adapter sold separately. 2.4GHz WIRELESS OR WIRED CONNECTION: Get up to 12 hours of wireless battery life without lighting or 8 hours with default lighting on a lag-free wireless connection
- MULTIPLE SOURCE AUDIO MIXING: Plug in up to three devices (1 USB and 2 analog) to answer calls and play music while gaming. Wireless Range - Indoor: 15 meters. Outdoor: 20 meters
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE: Enjoy a seamless, personalized gaming experience with customizable RGB lighting, swappable backlit custom tags, and 3 programmable G-keys to assign macros for complex game commands
- SteelSeries Arctis 7 – Lossless Wireless Gaming Headset with DTS Headphone:X v2.0 Surround – Read Reviews
SteelSeries is a top-notch gaming headset manufacturer and delivers with the wireless Arctis 7. It can work up to 40ft / 12m of range, giving you the flexibility to move around while staying connected to the game, and the battery life can last you 24 hours on a single charge for continuous, marathon gaming (it comes with two lithium batteries). If you are planning on a longer gaming session, the headset can be adjusted with Velcro straps so you don’t have to worry about uneven distribution of weight or odd pressure points on your head. When it comes to sound quality, the 2.4GHz connection provides quality, lossless, zero-interference audio, and if you’re using it on a PC, the Arctis 7 is engineered with a DTS headphone with 7.1 surround sound. The inbuilt bidirectional microphone also delivers high-quality clarity while cancelling out any extra noises when you’re talking with your teammates. One reviewer notes that the “stereo separation is good and I can quickly tell from which direction the sound is coming.”
- Designed for gaming, the 2.4 grams connection delivers rock solid, lossless wireless audio with ultra-low latency and zero interference
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the discord certified clear cast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Sound is your competitive advantage with the s1 speaker drivers, engineered to produce ultra-low distortion audio so you hear every detail Effective Range: 12 m / 40 ft
- Immerse yourself in 360 degrees of precision audio with next generation DTS headphone: x v2.0 7.1 surround sound (pc only)
- 24 hour battery life gives you enough continuous play for even your longest gaming sessions; Compatible only with Pc, Mac, PS, Switch and Mobile; Headphone sensitivity: 98 dB
- HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset – 7.1 Surround Sound – Memory Foam Ear Pads – Durable Aluminum Frame – Read Reviews
HyperX is a big name in the industry, but the number of reviews on the Cloud II alone–almost 20,000–tells you what you need to know about the quality of their headsets. Cloud II utilizes virtual 7.1 surround sound to deliver the in-depth sound experience that’s critical for PUBG, with 15-25Khz frequency response and noise cancellation to block out distractions around you. The mic is also noise-cancelling and detachable, which gives you a number of options for using the headset outside of gaming sessions. For longer gaming sessions, the padded headband and memory foam ear cushions ensure that the headset sits comfortably on your head for hours at a time, while the aluminum frame ensures its durability. At less than $100, this is a great headset that can’t be beat on quality or price. As one reviewer raves, “it’s probably the best headset I had [sic] so far and I have had over 20 of these so called ‘gaming’ ones.”
- 15-25kKhz Frequency Response.Headphones fit type:Over-Ear
- Designed for comfort: Exceptionally comfortable memory foam ear cushions and padded leatherette headband help keep you focused on gaming
- Supreme audio quality: Large 53 millimeter drivers provide high-quality audio. Hear in-game details better and get the in-game advantage on your opponents
- 7.1 virtual surround sound: Truly immerse yourself in your games with hardware-driven virtual 7.1 surround sound for precisely located audio
- Passive noise cancellation: The closed ear cup design blocks out outside distractions to keep you in the game