Finding the right dehumidifier for your basement, bedroom, or RV can be difficult. You want to make sure you have a powerful enough dehumidifier for the space, but you don’t want to invest in a bulky, complicated dehumidifier that will take up extra space and make too much noise for the compact area. That’s why it’s important to do your research before investing in a dehumidifier for your basement, bedroom, or RV.
The most important things to keep in mind are the size of the dehumidifier, the area it is able to dehumidify without becoming overloaded, and the drainage method for the machine. Each dehumidifier comes with a different sized tank for storing water before it needs to be emptied, either manually or via a continuous drain hose, which requires a specialized set up to work. Another thing to keep in mind is the customization available for your dehumidifier, so you can fine tune the amount of humidity in an area so it works best for the materials you are storing in there, without getting too dry or too humid.
That is why we’ve put together a list of the top 4 dehumidifiers for small spaces, including basements, bedrooms, and RVs, to help you cut out some of the hassle. These are the best reviewed dehumidifiers on the market, and take into consideration the size, power, capacity, and drainage systems for each model.
Our Favorite Dehumidifiers In 2020
- Colzer 70 Pints Portable Dehumidifier, Large Capacity, Compact Dehumidifier for Home, Bathroom, Kitchen, Bedroom, for Spaces Up to 4000 Sq Ft – Click To View Reviews
Able to remove 70 pints of water from the air per day, this portable dehumidifier is ideal for areas that are susceptible to large amounts of humidity. With the included continuous drain hose outlet, you can rest easy knowing that you’ll never have to change the water tank. Or, if you are looking for a non-drain hose option, the Colzer 70 Points Portable Dehumidifier includes an automatic shutoff and alarm setting when the tank becomes full, so you don’t have to worry about leakage. With an intelligent LED screen that displays the humidity level of the room, as well as the target humidity range for the area, you can customize your settings to adapt to almost any space. And with an ability to dehumidify 4,000 square feet, this is perfect for even the largest basement, RV, or bedroom area. As one reviewer noted, “Only negative is that the discharge hose is not a standard screw hose, which is problematic for two reasons 1) doesn’t lock as well as it could, 2) may be harder to replace if it breaks.” Still, this is a great basic dehumidifier for any small space.
- 💧「70 Pints Dehumidifier」Removing up to 70 pints moisture from the air per day, Colzer dehumidifier PD223A are high-efficiency dehumidifiers for basements, living rooms, bathrooms, garages, motor homes, apartment and large rooms up to 4500 sq ft.
- 💧「Unique Laundry-Dry Mode」Besides the conventional DEHUMIDIFY Mode, this ETL listed home dehumidifier features a unique Laundry-Dry Mode to quickly dry your delicate clothes that require hang dry.
- 💧「Advanced Control Panel」The advanced LED digital control panel allows you to set an exact humidity percentage, program 24-hour on/off timer, adjust the fan speed. Humidity reading displays both on the top and front for maximized convenience.
- 💧「Manual or Auto Drain」This smart dehumidifier will AUTO OFF along with audible and visible alarm when the 9.5-Pint water tank is full. Plus, this basement dehumidifier with drain hose (6.56 ft long) included offers automatically continuous drain by gravity.
- 💧「Portable Dehumidifier」With easy-roll hidden casters and side recessed handles, this compact dehumidifier is easy to move from room to room. Boasting a stylish outlook, this large capacity dehumidifier will fit nicely in any room of your home or office.
- Ivation 50-Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier – Compressor Dehumidifie for Spaces Up to 3,000 Sq Ft – Click To View Reviews
With a 50 pint per-day removal ability, this dehumidifier is perfect for spaces up to 3,000 square feet. Not only does this model included a programmable humidistat to help keep the overall humidity at your desired level, it also includes a timer setting so you can control when the machine is working, which can help reduce the amount of noise in an area at night. And with a 1.3 gallon water reservoir, this machine can go longer without overflowing or filling up. Able to work as both a drain hose dehumidifier and reservoir dehumidifier, this machine is perfect for RVs and other areas that don’t always have access to instant water removal while on the road. And with auto-shutoff capabilities, you can rest easy knowing you don’t have to worry about flooding or leakage in between uses. The only downside to the machine is its noise levels. As one reviewer noted, “Received this item on time and started using it the same day. It does make noise…it’s not quiet but it gets the job done.”
- This Compressor Dehumidifier Keeps Spaces Up to 3,000 Sq. Ft. Cool & Comfortable by Removing 35 Pints of Moisture/Day (50 Pint according to the old DOE [Department of Energy] standards, in 2019 this was classified as 50 pint and it now needs to be classified as 35 pint but IT REMOVED THE SAME MOISTURE AS THE OLD 50 PINT)
- Built-In Humidity Sensor - The LCD accurately displays the current humidity level in the room, enabling you to set your ideal levels for automatic moisture control
- Low Maintenance & Easy Operation; Simply Plug-In, Select Settings & Empty 1.3 Gallon Reservoir
- Bright LED Display Indicates Humidistat & Setting, Fan Speed, Timer, Filter Alert & More
- Highlights Include Eco-Efficiency (ENERGY STAR Certified), Casters, Auto-Defrost, & Auto-Restart
- SEAVON Electric Mini Dehumidifier, 1500 Cubic Feet (156 sq ft) Portable and Compact 500ml(16 oz) Capacity Quiet Mini Dehumidifiers for Basement, Bedroom, Bathroom, RV, Closet – Click To View Reviews
This dehumidifier may be on the small size for most basement areas, but it’s perfect for enclosed RVs and bedrooms. With a 1,500 cubic feet capacity and a portable 16 oz. design, this little dehumidifier packs quite the punch. The largest upside to this model is that it is made to be quiet, so you can use it in children’s bedrooms without worrying about interrupting their sleep. Perfect for travel or tucking away into a corner, the SEAVON Electric Mini Dehumidifier comes with an auto-shutoff setting and red full light to help you know when it’s time to empty its reservoir. As one reviewer noted, “Functionally, it works fine hence the 4 stars. Would have been 5 but instead of taking one second to pour out water (like I feel it should take), it takes about 30 seconds to a minute to get all the water out.” Still, this small humidifier is perfect for all your compact dehumidifying needs.
- High-Efficiency Work: Small and compact dehumidifier with 16 ounces/ 500 ml capacity tank extracts up to 9 ounces/ 250 ml daily in enclosed and small rooms and spaces.
- Auto-Shut off Function: Compact dehumidifier shut-off automatically when full water. Led would turn Red when the water tank needs draining. Easily removal and back into the dehumidifier.
- Ultra-Quiet& Efficient: Built-in Thermo-Electric Cooling Technology (Peltier) operates without a compressor meaning whisper-quiet operation in bedrooms, bathrooms, and offices. Perfect use at night and a small room.
- Save Space and Portable: It is mini-size, Perfect for removing from your home, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, caravan, garage, closet. Like all mini dehumidifiers, the optimal operating temperature is 59-86°F. It will not work below 41°F.
- Energy Saving: Effective and energy saving with a power only 40W/hour which means using only 0.96kW of electricity after running for 24 hours. It's environmentally friendly and more affordable.
- Vremi 1,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier Energy Star Rated for Medium Spaces and Basements – Click To View Reviews
With a 1,500 square foot functional area and an energy star rated design, the Vremi 1,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier is the ideal option for anyone looking to remove moisture from their basement, bedroom, or RV. The sleek, modern design includes both a handle and wheels for easy movement, and is compact enough to slide into closets or fit within the layout of your RV without blocking the way. Made to not only remove moisture but also odor and mold spores from the air, this tiny humidifier packs a big punch when it comes to cleaning your home or RV. With a 1 gallon capacity tank and the ability to remove an average of 22 pints of water from the air per day, this dehumidifier can help prevent mold and reduce dampness in almost any space. But don’t just take our word for it. As one of the nearly 1,500 5-star reviewers noted, “I have a fish room with over 70 aquariums for breeding fish. The room had a humidity of around 85% at its worst. I made a shelf for it and ran the drain (gravity feed) down to a floor drain. This unit has brought down my humidity to 50%…it does a fantastic job. Love it!”
- 1,500 SQ FT MEDIUM ROOM DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day. This Energy Star certified dehumidifier is fit to quickly and effectively absorb moisture with minimal energy consumption in medium to large rooms
- DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND - We designed the Moisture Maniac with convenience and style in mind. This dehumidifier sports a sleek, clean look with convenient built-in wheels and handles as well as a quiet fan that will do its job without you hearing it
- REAL EASY TO USE - It's a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship and our design reflects that. Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, where it'll then shut-off automatically. For added convenience, there’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining (NOTE: hose not included)
- Eliminates Moistness - Our portable dehumidifier features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed for maximum moisture removal. This product effectively reduces humidity and maintains a level of dryer air that can help you feel more comfortable.
- Important Info - Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they work) and is intended for any indoor space up to 1500 SQ FT. It measures 16.1 x 10.4 x 19.9 inches, has a 3 liter (0.8 gallons) water tank capacity, and removes up to 3 gallons (22 pints) of moisture from the air per day