Nowadays there are endless options out there to enable you to create the perfect home set-up for watching tv, movies, and playing games right at home. From smart TVs and Bluetooth speakers, most equipment on the market now are wire-free so you don’t have to deal with the hassle of keeping wires and cords organized and cluttering the aesthetic of your living room. But what if you have a great set of Bluetooth speakers but an older TV that doesn’t have wireless or Bluetooth compatibility? This is where a Bluetooth audio transmitter for TV comes in.
With this small and handy device, you can easily redirect the sound from your TV to your high-quality speakers. Transmitters and receivers have been on the market for a while but have recently gained popularity because of the increasing number of Bluetooth audio equipment options. By plugging an audio transmitter into your existing TV’s RCA port, you will be able to link your TV to any speakers or sound system that already has Bluetooth connectivity, including your headphones. It will be increasingly easy for you to upgrade your sound system while keeping your perfectly functional TV. For a relatively simple device, though, there are lots of options and reviews out there. That’s why we’ve gone ahead and put together our picks for the best Bluetooth transmitter for TV. Read on for our 2020 reviews!
Our Favorite Bluetooth Transmitters For TV In 2020
- Nulaxy aptX HD Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter for TV, Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver Adapter for PC Audio, Home Stereo, Optical Digital, AUX & RCA, NO Lip Sync Delay – BR04
This multi-purpose transmitter gives you a great listening experience due to its 24bit aptX HD audio. When it’s on the TX transmitter, mode, you can plug it into the audio output jack on your TV, PC, computers, and other non-Bluetooth audio sources and pair it to the listening device of your choice, whether that’s a set of speakers or your headphones. You can even pair it with two pairs of headphones simultaneously so that you and a friend can listen to the same thing without disturbing your neighbors or the people around you. WHen it’s in the RX receiver mode, you can pair the transmitter to cell phones, iPads, laptops, or Echo’s and plugged into your home or car stereo. It uses Bluetooth 5.0 technology so that you can get up to 80-110ft indoors and 295ft audio transmission distance, which is far greater than the usual 33ft Bluetooth limit. This means that you can use this while you’re walking around inside your home or even farther away in your backyard. Although it might be a little tricky to set-up, once it’s up and running it is great value for the price. As one reviewer commented, “this is exactly what you need. Don’t pay more!”
- Avantree Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver for TV & PC, aptX Low Latency Wireless Audio Adapter for Headphones, Home Stereo, Dual Link, Voice Guide, Touch Screen, Optical AUX RCA – Oasis
The Avantree Oasis is perfect for TVs and PCs that require long-distance uninterrupted audio transmission. It is equipped with a fiber optic RCA 3.5mm Audio jack with low latency so that you can enjoy perfect sound, even in long ranges, without any lip sync delays. The range on the Avantree Oasis is also remarkable, with up to 295ft when testing with headphones and 328ft using the Oasis as a transmitter. The set-up process is incredibly streamlined and it is very user-friendly, as it supports full-featured voice guidance. You can use a convenient bypass switch to choose between your soundbar and streamed audio without the need to plug or unplug any wires. The only downside is that sometimes there are some time break signals and transition errors. Otherwise, this is a great, entry-level companion for your living room. One reviewer noted that “this is one amazing device with wide options. It connected to my phone/headphone in matters of seconds and it has amazing range. It literally works from more than 40-50 feet without any kind of distortion.”
- TaoTronics Long Range Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver for TV, Wireless Audio Adapter for Home Stereos, aptX Low Latency, aptX HD, Optical Digital, AUX & RCA, Pairs Two Headphones
The TaoTronics Bluetooth transmitter is a great option for a relatively low price if you’re looking for something that has a few more features than a basic transmitter model. It delivers improved audio transmission and eliminates any audio-visual lag like lip-syncing issues with its aptX Low Latency codec support. The aptX HD codec preserves the quality of your music or TV audio, even with the Bluetooth connectivity. You can easily switch between a wired connection and Bluetooth connection without unplugging cables thanks to its bypass mode, so you can use this as a converter to build a cable connection between devices with different audio jacks. An added benefit is that this Bluetooth 5.0 audio transmitter is backwards compatible to devices with older versions of Bluetooth, which gives you a wide range of compatibility as you’re looking to integrate this into your existing set-up. One reviewer raved that “This little box provides a wealth of functionality! If you need it for any of the above uses, I think that it will do the job very well and you will probably end up using it for other things too. The bypass functionality rocks if you have wired headphones connected to your computer and don’t have a headphone amplifier.”
- Avantree Certified aptX HD Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver for TV, Low Latency Wireless Audio Adapter for 2 Headphones, Long Range, Voice Guide, Touch Screen, Splitter for Wire & Wireless – Oasis Plus
The Oasis Plus is at the higher end of the price spectrum of items that we’ve listed on here, but for good reason. Avantree makes great products and this transmitter comes packed with features that will give you so much functionality out of one little box. This has support for both analog audio output (RCA and AUX) and digital audio output (Toslink), and it can act as both the transmitter and receiver with the simple push of a switch. Even in dual link mode, it is able to maintain support for aptX Low Latency and deliver the audio quality that you’re craving. Amazingly, it can also share TV audio with an external speaker and the pair of wireless headphones at the same time. As a testament to its quality, one reviewer commented that “I have now purchased 5 total Avantree Oasis Plus aptX HD transmitter/receivers and have no regrets. Would buy another 5 if I needed them.”
- [EXCELLENT SOUND QUALITY] Qualcomm aptX HD Audio ensures compatible Bluetooth devices deliver high definition (HD) Audio. It preserves sound data throughout the Audio transmission, resulting in a ‘better-than-cd’ listening experience. Simple switch to alternate between HD and low latency priority If your device supports both codecs.
- [DUAL-LINK NO LIP SYNC DELAY] Simultaneously stream audio to 2 headphones or speakers with no delay while watching TV, movies or gaming. Note: 1. Not recommended to use dual link with TWS earbuds. 2. To achieve low latency (<40ms delay ) receiving device (headphones / speaker) must also support aptx Low Latency or you may experience a 70-220ms delay. You can check your device compatibility on the aptX official website.
- [PASS-THROUGH SUPPORT] Even if your TV only has one Optical port, connect the Oasis Plus between your TV and Soundbar - then play audio from your soundbar and stream to your headphones simultaneously. This is a unique product Feature! It even supports independent device volume control. Easily choose between Bluetooth mode (wireless) and bypass mode (wired) with the Flip of a switch, without the need to plug / unplug any wires.
- [EXTENDED LONG RANGE] Experience Wireless freedom to walk anywhere in the house! Proven range of 295ft in testing with headphones (audition Pro), and 328ft using two Oasis Plus units as a Transmitter/ receiver Pair in open air line-of-sight conditions. Note that the operating range can be affected by multiple factors (see Faq1 below)
- [EASY TO USE] It supports full-featured voice guidance and status / codec indicators, making it incredibly easy to set up and use. Re-connects quickly to the last device. Supports Digital optical / AUX / RCA Audio output standards making it compatible with 99% of the TVs on the market. On board volume adjust function can be used for many devices that do not have their own volume controls (E. G. Airpods). Any questions, please contact Avantree Technical Support.