Reliable communication, music, and audio accessibility are extremely valuable to drivers who are anticipating long drives with few breaks in between. The freedom to listen to your own music or to pick up calls while your hands are on the wheel are especially important for truck drivers, who drive long distances and often at night, with few options to pull over to deal with technical difficulties. This is why many truck drivers prefer to use bluetooth headsets while they’re working.
Listening to the radio might be a quick fix for short distances, but stations constantly change or pick up different frequencies as you’re passing through cities and counties, which makes it an unreliable source of entertainment while you’re trying to bide longer periods of time. More importantly, having a hands-free option makes it easier and much safer for you to focus on the road without needing to worry about fumbling with a phone and missing important calls. Having a bluetooth headset saves valuable time and energy while equipping drivers with everything they need for those long drives.
Click here to view the best bluetooth headsets for truckers on Amazon
To make the prospect of looking for the perfect bluetooth headset easier for you, we’ve put together our top picks that can handle lengthy drives and noisy highways to give you a smoother driving experience. Take a look below at our recommendations for the best bluetooth headset for truckers in 2020.
Our Favorite Bluetooth Headsets For Truckers in 2020
- YAMAY Bluetooth Headset with Microphone (Noise Cancelling Mic), Charging Base Mute Function, Talk in Clarity Pro for Truck Driver – Read Reviews
The YAMAY over-the-head headset is great for truckers who are looking for a cheap and user-friendly headset for the first time. It has a long-lasting battery, with 17 hours of talk time and 200 hours on standby and takes only 2 hours for the headset to get to a full charge, making this an ideal companion for longer road trips. The flexible microphone can be adjusted to your liking when you’re listening to music or when you’re talking on the phone, and comes with noise cancellation to block out sound from the highway as you’re driving. You can also easily mute yourself by rotating the mic upward toward the head band, which is padded and adjustable to ensure maximum comfort on long drives. One reviewer noted that “this headset is great! The sound quality is wonderful and the battery lasts me all day. Everyone on the other end of the line has said that I sound great too.”
No products found.
BlueParrott consistently makes quality bluetooth headsets for truck drivers, and the B350-XT is no exception. This is a solid option that provides over 24 hours of talk time with 500 hours / 20 days of standby on a single charge, and still manages to be extremely lightweight at 2.72oz (or roughly one large egg). You can charge this with a micro-USB, which makes it easy for you to keep this headset with you while you’re on the go. The headset and mic is able to cancel up to 96% of background noise while maintaining exceptional sound quality for you while you’re listening to music or speaking on the phone. The only downside is that the range of the headset is more limited, at 66ft / 20m, but overall this is a great option for those long drives. One reviewer raved about the noise cancellation feature, saying that the headset has “great sound quality. These are used on a semi and I can’t hear the truck when talking. Very awesome!”
No products found.
- Plantronics Voyager Legend Wireless Bluetooth Headset – Compatible with iPhone, Android, and Other Leading Smartphones – Read Reviews
This over-ear headset features signature Plantronics audio technology to deliver quality sound and enhanced voice clarity for phone calls. The design is extremely sleek and although the headset is small, it comes with noise cancellation technology and can allow your voice to stand out from up to 80 decibels of background noise. The Voyager is also water resistant and can withstand rain, sweat, or drink spills that might happen in the truck. It’s intuitive and has smart sensor technology, which can detect when you are or are not wearing it, as well as voice command technology, which allows you to manage your inbound calls without your hands. The talk time on the Voyager is around 7 hours, however, so if you drive longer distances and frequently talk on the phone then you need to remember to charge it more often. Otherwise, this is a great, durable headset for a low price. One reviewer commented that “this is one of the best bluetooth sets you can buy. It fits comfortably in my ear without falling off” and that the “battery lasts for a couple days.”
- CLEAR AUDIO QUALITY: Take conversations on the go or on the road with confidence as your headset’s sophisticated noise-canceling microphones optimize your voice and minimize noise caused by wind, movement, and other background sounds.Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ears.Audio Sensitivity:80 decibels.Compatible phone models:iPhone X
- CONNECTIVITY & MOBILITY: Connect your mobile device or tablet through Bluetooth and move freely with up to a 33 ft (10 m) range and up to 7 hours of talk time; and with multipoint technology, you’ll enjoy the convenience of having two phones connected at once.
- HANDS-FREE: Optimize every call as intelligent sensors pause music and direct calls to your phone or headset; with intuitive voice commands, you don’t even need to lift a finger—simply use your voice to answer or ignore calls, check battery level, & more.
- EASY-TO-REACH BUTTONS: Conveniently placed buttons let you easily access and control mute, volume, and power.
- STREAMLINED DESIGN: Slip it on and forget it’s there thanks to this headset’s ergonomic design; the included charging cord’s magnetic, snap-fit connection makes charging quick and easy.
- VXi BlueParrott B450-XT Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headset – Industry Leading Sound with Long Wireless Range, Extreme Comfort and up to 24 Hours of Talk Time – Read Reviews
BlueParrott’s B450 is at the top of its class with additional features and a long battery life. The sound quality is crisp whether you’re listening to music or talking on the phone, and it comes with noise cancelling technology so that background noise doesn’t filter through to the receiving end of the calls. This headset is also at the upper range of headsets when it comes to how long its battery can last on a single charge–over 24 hours of talk time and 500 hours (20 days) of standby, so you don’t need to worry about charging it in the middle of shifts or even every day. You can get up to 300ft / 90m of range with the headset so you can move around when you do exit the truck while staying plugged in, and you can connect up to 2 devices on here for more flexibility on what you’re listening to. Best of all, unlike the BlueParrott B350, the VoiceControl on the B450 provides an additional layer of ease if you need to keep both hands on the wheel. One trucker who had other BlueParrott headsets said “to give you an idea of how well it works, I can roll my windows down while driving down the interstate, and the person I’m talking to would still hear me clear as day.”
- Industry leading sound: The BlueParrott B450 XT Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headset is engineered for superior calls in high noise environments; Block out background noise with 96% noise cancellation
- Long wireless range: Walk and talk with no worries; The BlueParrott Bluetooth Headset has a considerably longer wireless range of up to 300 feet from paired devices; Wireless range requires a class 1 device
- Long haul comfort: You can wear your BlueParrott headsets all day long; They feature a bigger, cushier ear cushion and a more comfortable, more durable padded headband
- 24 hours of talk time: Have all day conversations, with up to 24 plus hours of talk time and 500 hours (20 days) of standby time per charge
- Hands free control – The BlueParrott headsets for truckers allows you to focus on the job at hand; thanks to the advanced features like voice control, for hands free control of headset functions