Are you looking for the Best Bluetooth Headphones under $50?
If so, then this article is your go-to guide for purchasing a highly affordable Bluetooth headset.
Gone are the days when Bluetooth headsets would cost an arm or leg - these days they’re available just under $20, and more reliable models come in at under $50.
We’re presenting you with a list of 7 affordable and well-performing Bluetooth headsets that offer excellent price to performance ratio.
Top 7 Best Bluetooth Headphones under $50 In 2020
MEE Audio Runaway 4.0
Bluedio T2 Plus
Price not available
Price not available
#7: Mixcder ShareMe
This product comes in red/black or white/sky blue. Mixcder is a fairly new brand on the horizon and has managed to manufacture some of the nicest headphones and earbuds recently.
Their Bluetooth headphones have been suggested by many influencers to be some of the best wireless headphones under $50.
These have Bluetooth v4.1 compatibility and provide 20 hours of battery life on a full charge.
- Phenomenal powerful bass of Mixcder - Unexpected 40mm ultra-large dynamic drivers,20 mW rated power, with extremely 13 pcs copper-clad aluminium wires in horn, the heavy bass,the thickness of the treble and the sweet mediant give you a clean sound.
- Incomparable long operation and Bluetooth 4.1 Ultra-long 20 hours music,20 hours talk and 300 hours standby Time,Go ahead and wear Mixcder ShareMe all day.The latest bluetooth 4.1,decrease the power consumption,enhance the wireless signal and speed up the bluetooth connection.Let enjoy music in a 10-meter working distance
- Customized Function - Built in ShareMe technology allows simultaneous, wireless music-listening or movie-listening among 2 ShareMe-equipped headphones with your father your wife your child etc.Press and hold the "Power on/off"button twice to activate SIRI
- Comfortable and Foldable - Technical Ergonomics Design with soft earmuffs simulated to human skin texture,ensure long lasting comfort.Foldable design with 4 riveted screw columns ensure it's not easy to break and allow you to take wireless headphones anywhere with music accompanying you
- Wired and no Hands Calling - Allow music playback from various music streaming even when not charged.Built-in Noise-Cancelling Microphone support your no hands calling
The USP for Mixcder ShareMe headphones allows you to stream music to two ShareMe headphones via a single smartphone. This however is nothing new and is available for many other Bluetooth headphones featured in this list.
The Mixcder ShareMes also come with a foldable design that makes them easy to store. They happen to have a noise cancelling mic which gets the job done, but doesn’t go above and beyond. [Check out the full review of the Mixcder ShareMes]
One downfall to this product may be the florescent green color used for branding and the function notification on them.
Last words: Mixcder ShareMes are a decent looking Bluetooth headphone that get the job done.
“Well Mixcder ShareMe are a decent looking Bluetooth headphones that happen to get the job done very well. Surely they do sound very good and deserve a place in our list of Best Bluetooth Headphones under $50.”
#6: Photive BTH3
Photive BTH3s are impressive when it comes to a highly affordable Bluetooth headset.
They’ve been mentioned in a previous article about connecting Bluetooth headsets wirelessly with a TV.
Though plagued with a basic design, Photive BTH3s offer an impressive battery life of 12-15 hours depending on varied use.
- Bluetooth 4. 0 stereo headphones- advanced Bluetooth CSR version 4. 0 latest technology.
- Wireless freedom- stream music directly from your smartphone or tablet, and be free of annoying, tangled cords.
- Charges quickly and lasts hours- The ph-bt3 headphones feature a lithium-ion battery that not only charges quickly, but gives you up to 12 hours of battery life.
- Compact form factor and stylish design- these headphones were designed to be small enough for you to comfortably tote around.
- Soft-touch rubberized exterior, for a wonderfully smooth, tactile experience.
Here’s what’s inside the box:
The Bluetooth headphones, a generic micro-USB cable, a 3.5mm audio cable to connect the headphone directly to your mobile without using Bluetooth, and a large hard carrying case.
For a Bluetooth headset costing under $50, inclusion of a carrying case is the cherry on top.
Design wise, the BTH3 looks very generic and resembles the MEE Audio Air-Fi Matrix that costs under $100 and supports AptX, NFC, and has 22 hours of battery life.
The company markets this headset as over-the-ear, however in some cases they don’t cover the entire ear and instead sit on top of them. Made from plastic, the headphones feel sturdy, but won’t be able to take much stress. When not in use we suggest storing them in the provided travel case.
The ear cups are padded with pleather and have multiple buttons on either side.
Photive BTH3s also provide an inline microphone that can be used while calling and voice recording.
They have nice sense of lows as well as strong incision on mids and the highs. However the plastic construction provides average sound isolation and that’s fine for anyone interested in the basics.
Last words: Photive BTH3s are a good option if you’re looking for wireless replacement for your regular headphones. If you’re not comfortable with earbuds and want something portable and easy to use, Photive BTH3s are definitely an alternative.
“Photive BTH3 is a good option if you’re looking for wireless replacement for your regular headphones. If you’re not comfortable with earbuds and want something portable and easy to use, Photive BTH3 happens to be an acceptable alternative. Is it one of the best bluetooth headphones under $50? Yes it definitely is”
#5: August EP650
The August EP650s have a kind of design that appears generic and cheap considering the price.
However since at theroundingsound.com we try to concentrate more on sound quality and value for your money, we’ve let the August EP650s make the cut because they’re a plausible contender for some of the best Bluetooth headphones under $50
The affordable Bluetooth headphone market is a competitive field and every now and then there comes a product that has ability to shake the line-up. The August EP650s have done this by focusing less on aesthetic and more on quality. They include a USB cable for charging as well as an aux cable, so users can listen to music without burning out the battery. They also have a foldable design for easy portability.
- WARM RICH SOUND - Imagine music from your mobile sounding BASS RICH, with clearly DEFINED TREBLE, these WIRELESS HEADPHONES use 50mm driver units to provide optimum sound quality from any source
- COMFORT FLEX DESIGN - Experience the ultimate in comfort, LIGHTWEIGHT, with thick and luxurious padding, an EXTENDING HEADBAND and comfort flex earcups, these over-ear headphones are a pleasure to wear. Even for all day use
- Chip V4.2 APTX LOW LATENCY FOR AUDIO AND VIDEO IN SYNC - Enjoy your favourite late night TV shows and movies without disturbing the house, these aptX LL BT headphones pair in seconds to your TV or BT transmitter without any noticeable delay between picture and sound
- SWIFT PAIR BT- Just tap your phone to the NFC connector or pair through settings to be listening to your favourite tracks in seconds. And for non-BT devices 3.5mm WIRED AUDIO IN makes these great headphones compatible with almost anything
- CUSTOMISABLE SOUND - Use the dedicated Android or Apple AUGUST AUDIO EQ app to tune these BT headphones just the way you like, their premium driver units can reproduce any sound stage you dial in without losing fidelity
As far as quality they’re pretty decent for basic, day to day use. The ear cups rotate side to side, making them comfortable and easy to adjust.
Just like many other Bluetooth headphones, the August EP650s have controls on the band. Thankfully these controls are only on one and not both of the ear cups, saving you from the mess of trying to find buttons on both sides.
The total charging time is around 2 hours with a max battery life of 10 hours.
“Being a little too emphasizing on the bass, the August EP650 happen to make an excellent choice for the average consumer who likes to listen to punchy music every now and then.”
#4: MEE Audio Runaway 4.0
Weighing at around 110 grams, the MEE Audio Runaways are the lightest and most stylish Bluetooth headsets on our list of Bluetooth headphones under $50.
They are available in 6 different colors: blue, pink, red, white, black/grey and black/red.
Since they weigh less than 4 ounces, MEE Audio Runaway 4.0s makes a great companion for jogging and workouts.
- Can be used both wired (stereo Audio only) and wirelessly
- Supports A2DP for wireless stereo music playback; has built-in microphone for headset use and conveniently located phone/music controls
- Ultra-soft ear pads and adjustable headband for extended wearing comfort
- Folds for convenient storage and comes with a travel bag
- Folds conveniently into included travel bag for storage and transport; Includes 1-Year manufacturer’s
Inside the box is the headset itself, a USB charging cable, a 3.5mm audio cable, and a trendy carrying pouch.
One important we’d like to mention is that in photos this product appears to be on the small side; however the ear cups hold 40mm drivers and sit over the ear entirely. Because they are lightweight there isn’t any uncomfortable feeling of clamping. The downside to this is that there isn’t great sound isolation.
The Bluetooth 4.0 streams music wirelessly with support for A2DP. There’s also a built in microphone that allows for receiving calls and voice recording. Although this product is manufactured with plastic, they don’t appear cheap, and are study enough to withstand a few drops here and there. Just don’t make a habit of it.
You have three horizontal buttons, all of which include blue indication lights, that have functions for power on/off, call end/receive, fast forward/rewind, volume up/down. Check out the full review here.
“With over 2,250+ high rated reviews, do I need to say anything more about the MEE Audio Runaway 4.0?”
#3: Bluedio T2 Plus
The Bluedio T2 Plus is the biggest headphone set on our list so far. The driver inside is 57mm in diameter.
With over tons of 4 and 5 star reviews on Amazon.com, the Bluedio T2 Plus is clearly a popular Bluetooth Headset choice among consumers.
Since they cost just under $50, the body construction is entirely plastic, but the build is sturdy and body doesn’t squeak or squeal. They look high-end and it’s hard to believe that they’re priced under the $50 range.
- NOTE: Original Bluedio T2 Plus Turbine Headphones sold by" Bluedio".【Foldable & Portable】195°rotary design, to save more space and easy to carry& Support Micro SD card(up to 32G) and FM radio.
- 【Φ57mm Ultra-Big Speaker】brings amazing bass for you. But its impedance is only 16Ω, easy to drive by smart phones, tablets and PCs.
- 【Bluetooth 4.1】the latest Bluetooth version, brings top speed & power saving & enhanced transmission, superbly compatible with iOS, Android and Microsoft, a perfect match for 4G, standby time up to 1625hrs.
- 【Comfortable, Newest Ergonomic Design】together with artificial leather & memory foam to ensure comfortable wearing
- 【Line-in Audio】to enjoy music without interruption. Line-out audio, to share music with your friends anytime.
As with other products on our list, these ear cups fold over and are easy to store. The hinges tend to move the headphones in upward direction even with a slight unintentional push, and this can be frustrating if you’re active when listening to audio.
The box includes the headset, a 3.5mm audio cable, and a USB charging cable.
Two features that Bluedio T2 Plus provides that other headphone manufactures don’t are the FM radio and a Micro SD card support.
You may notice that the buttons on this product are not of high quality. It’s up to you how much that matters – in the end, it’s not entirely damning for a product listed under $50.
The Bluedio TD Plus makes use of Bluetooth 4.1 support along with A2DP. It also offers 40 hours of listening time, allowing you to enjoy your music for an extended period.
One downfall to this product is their weight. The ear cups are comfortable enough to keep your ears stress free, however the extra weight overpowers everything else and often creates an ache in the neck area. [Full Review Here]
“Bluedio T2 Plus is a Bluetooth Headset for those who prefer stylish looks and bassy performance. They happen to be a looker even though being priced so low. Wanna try something different and freaky? Bluedio T2 Plus is an excellent fix.”
#2: Avantree Audition
The Avantree Auditions are a standout in the looks department on our list.
They sport old school Grados-like design -instead of heavily padding on the headphone, they’ve reduced the weight by keeping the material use to minimal.
Let’s start with one important piece of information: the Avantree Audition weighs only 180 grams, and that’s a great deal since it means a longer duration for listening to music.
The style is somewhat gaudy, with red ascents over black; but it is a unique look that stands out against others on the list. Construction is all plastic, with the headband made up of a hard leather-like material. Overall the construction appears sturdy, and the ear cups are padded comfortably enough to remain in the correct position when in use. They do tend to have some clamping force though, making them stick close to the ears.
- YOUR EARS WILL THANK YOU: Featuring AptX Hi-Fi technology, our industry leading headset allows you to experience crystal clear sound-with minimal delays. Enjoy a full range of rich bass, clear treble and even midtones blended perfectly to enhance your listening pleasure.
- LONG LASTING BATTERY: Stream away with our built in battery that lasts up to 40 hours of playtime! With our dual mode feature, you can also easily switch to a wired connection to preserve your device's battery life. Please be aware that the built-in mic anc control buttons ony work when in wireless mode.
- COMFORTABLE & CONVENIENT: Designed with you in mind, our over the ear headphones feature ultra light, super soft protein earpads & an adjustable headband suitable for all day wear.
- DUAL LINK: Avantree Audition over ear headphones allow you to connect two phones simultaneously to ensure nobody misses an important call!
- WIRELESS TO WIRED...EASILY: Use your headphones via Bluetooth connection and enjoy log lasting playtime. To continue your listening experience and not kill the battery on your device, use the included 3.5mm cable to switch to a wired connection. To use with devices that are not Bluetooth-enabled, pair with Avantree Audikast or Priva III transmitter to connect and still enjoy a lag-free streaming experience.
An impressive aspect of this product is its sound leak – for being so minimal in design, there is very little sound leak even at full volume. They also pack a lot of punch when it comes to sound quality, but they don’t quite stand up to their wired counterparts. Casual listeners will enjoy this device the most.
Button and port placement on the Avantree Audition is done smartly as well, with one long button that acts as volume control and the center section handling Bluetooth pairing and power.
The Audition comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack, NFC support, built in microphone, and a charging port kept safely inside a rubber flap.
“All in all Avantree Audition is an excellent Bluetooth Headphone choice, if you’re looking for a headphone that happens to looks different from regular set of headphones minus the boring design and weight, and yes longer battery life. Avantree Audition is a wonderful choice.”
#1: Ausdom M08
Technically the Ausdom M08 isn’t under $50 (at the time of this article being written), however it isn’t very far off from our price point and therefore we believe it has earned a spot on the list.
Available in two color combinations, black/silver and black/red, the Ausdom M08s have a stylish appearance.
On Amazon.com this product has reviews from 120 customers and a rating of 4.4 stars out of 5. You probably haven’t heard about the brand until now, but with reviews like that we think the Ausdom M08s are worth a look.
With a built in battery of 400mA, the M08 provides a standby time of 250 hours and playback time of 20-25 hours max.
This includes Bluetooth 4.0 technology with support for EDR, allowing for delivery of quality sound without using much juice.
Though they’re completely carved out of plastic, they happen to be extraordinarily sturdy and stylish, making it hard to believe that they cost just over $50. Ausdom has used a matte finish on the headband, while the outer ear cups have a brushed aluminum finish.
- Great for travel: soft, comfortable, solid and foldable headset construction for long time use.
- Bluetooth V4.0 technology allows M08 to communicate with your Bluetooth enabled device within 10 meters range.
- Optional connection via 3.5mm audio cable for streaming music without worrying battery dead.
- Powerful and rich bass speaker brings you amazing audio enjoyment.
- HD call design with built in microphone, can support free hand talk.
The best part about the Ausdom M08s is the ear padding. The cups are large and meant for long use, meaning the focus is on making them comfortable. They also feature a foldable design and can be stored easily, however the company doesn’t provide a carrying case.
We always suggest purchasing a strong and rigid carrying case for similar products, as they’re plastic and are prone to damage.