Everyone deserves a great audio experience!
In fact, in this current day and age, you shouldn’t have to spend thousands of dollars to get a studio-like sound listening experience. The leaps and bounds made in the technology niche have flooded the market with affordable options for the amateur or connoisseur.
To prove my point, I’ve written this article about Audiophile PC Speakers that offer accurate sound without costing an arm and a leg to get an immersive sound listening experience.
Are you ready?
Our Favorite Audiophile Computer Speakers In 2020
Cyber Acoustics CA-3602FFP
Bose Companion 2 Series III
Creative Labs 51MF1610AA002
Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
|Price not available||$209.99||$149.00||$67.99||$390.00|
|Read Reviews On Amazon||Read Reviews On Amazon||Read Reviews On Amazon||Read Reviews On Amazon||Read Reviews On Amazon|
The Cyber Acoustics CA-3602 is the first in line when it comes to cheap Audiophile Level Sound Experience.
No doubt that it’s drastically better than other 2.1 desktop speakers available on the market, but it also provides an aesthetically pleasing sound for a price of under $50.
The package contains two 2” drivers, satellite speakers of 6W each, and a subwoofer providing a sound of 18W.
The total sound wattage of the Cyber Acoustics CA-3602 is 30W.
Being generous, the company also throws in a controller knob - similar to the ones we see in Bose Companion 3 Series speakers for PC. This controller is connected to the subwoofer and has a large dial on the top acting as volume controller.
It also includes one port for headphones out and another AUX in-port. Toward the right side of the product is a bass +/- knob, and on the left is the Power On/Off button.
- ROOM FILLING SOUND: Driven by an acoustically optimized internal power supply, this subwoofer speaker system delivers 62 watts peak power and 30 watts RMS. With this kind of power you can expect amazing sound at any volume level, filling any large room in the home or office.Mounting Type: Wall Mount
- EASY TO USE: The convenient control pod gives you full control over your sound system. Adjust the volume, turn it on and off, or use the headphone output jack for those private listening moments. With easy access to the 3.5mm aux input, you can quickly connect your cell phone, tablet, MP3 player, or gaming system to really pump up the sound. Plus bass volume control allows you to fine tune the richness of the sound just the way you like it.
- RICH AUDIO: The ported 5.25” subwoofer delivers some of the deepest bass available, powerful for any audio experience, along with the satellites using twin 2” drivers deliver crisp, clean, optimized sound.
- CONTEMPORARY DESIGN: Created to look great sitting next to today's flat panel monitors, the piano black finish on the satellites will blend right in. Features power cable is 5 feet, speaker to speaker cable is separates up to 11 feet, speaker to subwoofer cable is 6 feet, input cable is 6 feet from control pod and control pod cable is 6 feet
- QUALITY GUARANTEED: Includes 1 year hassle free manufacturer warranty. AC power 110V only ; Wattage (Satellites): Each speaker: 6 watts/ch @ 4 ohm @ 10% THD
Before you make the choice to purchase this product, make sure you have enough space to keep the subwoofer as its dimensions are 8” X 10” X 8” (L X H X D) while the satellite speakers can sit on a desk at a much smaller size.
At a price of just under the ballpark of $50, Cyber Acoustics is definitely a steal compared to other pricier models from Logitech and Creative.
Despite being constructed of plastic materials, the quality is still top notch and isn’t anything to complain about.
Last words: Cyber Acoustics CA-3602 will find great application when it comes to watching movies or while playing games.
I am a big fan of Monoprice Audio Products, along with many other budget audio enthusiasts who believe that this company provides great sounding audio products at a very cheap price.
Let’s see how these inexpensive audiophile bookshelf speakers are able to stand against other products on our list of Best Audiophile Speakers for PC.
As you can see in the image, Monoprice 8250 are bookshelf speakers with a very basic and stripped-down design.
They look like two basic black wooden boxes with foam grills on the front and the simple Monoprice logo at the bottom of each speaker. (Monoprice 8250 are also known as MBS-650.)
One speaker is 12 inches tall, 6 inches deep and 8 inches wide and will require plenty of space to sit on either side of your desktop monitor.
Each speaker contains a 6½” woofer and ½” dome tweeters which produce great low frequency sound.
No products found.
At a price of just under $50, the sound quality is easily comparable to other bookshelf speakers costing well over $120 from brands like Pioneer.
As far as looks go, these speakers aren’t going to win any prizes. But when it comes to sound they pack in a lot of punch.
If you want speakers that sound great but aren’t worried about making a stylish statement when not in use, Monoprice 8250 are a valid option.
Don’t forget to check out CNET’s review of the Monoprice.
Since they don’t come with any internal amplification, you might want to check out our guide about best desktop amplifier under $200.
Last words: Monoprice 8250 are silent warriors that aren’t high on hype but definitely high on performance.
M-Audio Studiophile AV30’s are not your average desktop speakers. These are actual active studio monitors, considered to be audiophile-grade speakers. They definitely deserve a mention on our list.
When it comes to size this product looks similar to any other bookshelf speakers, but looks can be deceiving.
The M-Audio AV30 is a cheaper alternative to the already popular M-Audio AV40.
Included in the packaging of the M-Audio AV30 is a pair of speakers, RCA and stereo cables, a power cord, a pair of rubberized bases, and the user manual.
The AV30s are 8” high, 5.3” wide, and 6.3” deep, weighing at around 11.7 lbs. These speakers feature a 3-inch woofer for tight and accurate bass, and a 1-inch tweeter for clear and pristine highs.
- Premium sound reproduction: 3 inch polypropylene coated woofers produce tight, accurate bass and 1 inch ferrofluid cooled silk cone tweeters produce clear, pristine highs
- 10 watt per channel amplifier and optimage IV tweeter wave guides for punchy sound reproduction and superior imaging
- Versatile, conveniently located rca inputs for seamless connection to gaming systems, DJ gear, mixers and more
- Front panel 1/8 inch stereo auxiliary input for connecting your laptop, desktop computer, MP3 player or other audio sources with a 1/8 inch output
- Easily accessible front panel 1/8 inch headphone output for private listening
M-Audio Studiophile AV30s are designed so that they can sit right next to your desktop screen or laptop, allowing you to enjoy authentic audiophile sound quality.
These speakers are mainly targeted toward home studio artists who record and produce their own music, and are looking to get accurate sound response.
The design looks fairly good when compared to the already mentioned Monoprice 8250 bookshelf speakers. The front of this product features an AUX port and headphone jack as well as volume knob. Included is a blue color backlight that gives the speakers a great ambiance.
The M-Audio Studiophile Av30, being a stripped-down version of AV40's, has had a lot of cost cutting done to keep the overall price down. The internal amplifier isn’t at par compared to the one included in the AV40. Prospective buyers might want to invest in a good DAC + Amp under $100.
Last words: Don’t be mistaken - for any audio enthusiast or anyone looking for a replacement for crass sounding desktop speakers, the AV30’s are an ideal best budget buy.
Up until now the speakers that we’ve covered have been huge and bulky and err... didn’t look especially pleasing to the eye.
Let’s just change things up a little bit and bring style statement back to speakers under $100.
One company that has time and time again delivered great sound experience along with excellently designed audio products is Bose.
Bose Companion 2 Series III desktop speakers are an update to Companion 2 Series II audiophile computer speakers.
- High quality audio performance, with clear sound at any volume. Use the auxiliary input to bring Bose performance to another audio source such as your iPhone or iPad. Upgrade your sound and your experience with Bose Companion 2 Series III speakers
- Play an additional device just connect to the auxiliary input
- Volume controlheadphone jack on front of the right speaker
- Operating compatibility: Mac, Windows XP
With Series III, Bose introduced a black matte finish design on speakers with a foam grill, compared to metal grills on previous product lines.
For a price under $100, the box contains an instruction manual, 3.5mm male-to-male wire, sleek power adaptor, and finally, a pair of Bose Companion 2 speakers.
The right speaker features a volume knob and headphone jack on the front, whereas the back houses a connector port to connect the two speakers, DC power port, RCA input and AUX input.
The volume of the Bose Companion 2 Series III audiophile computer Speakers isn’t very loud and it’s little off from their usual silver colored speakers.
However, this new design does look high-end and can easily compliment your desktop or laptop with its clean design.
Sound wise they are definitely better than other 2.0 computer speaker offerings on the market. Make sure to read this entire review before you're in the market to buy them.
Last words: If you’re ready to shell out $100 for great sounding speakers for a PC from a premium brand, Bose Companion 2 Series III is the right fit for you.
If Bose Companion 2 is not your thing and you feel you need a little more bang for your buck without much hassle, then Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II is a great deal.
The original Gigawork T20s were a mess. They were lousy and priced way too high for what customers were getting. However these upgraded versions sound as they should for the price you’ll pay. These happen to be some of the best computer speakers under the $100 price range.
We’re aware that spending somewhere around $100 for a pair of 2.0 speakers doesn’t feels like a good investment, but if you hate the hassle of managing multiple speakers along with a big subwoofer, and if you live in a smaller house, the Gigawork T20s might be right for you.
- Precision-tuned two way speaker design with 28 watts RMS
- Woven glass fiber cone driver
- Cloth dome tweeter and BasXPort technology eliminating the need for a subwoofer
- Convenient front access to volume, bass, treble and input jacks. Works with computers, TVs and other audio sources.
- Turn up the volume on your connected MP3 player or smart device as high as it can go without distortion setting in, and use the volume controls on your Creative speaker to determine how loud (or soft) you want your audio
As far as the design, it’s nothing sort of extra ordinary. However, the yellow colored speaker cones do attract attention.
Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II has three set of speakers on a single satellite:
At the front we have a yellow colored speaker that handles the mid-range sound; below it is a small tweeter, and above, a Bass speaker that eliminates the use of a sub-woofer.
The right side satellite is the active speaker and has set of control knobs and ports on it.
You get brushed aluminum finished knobs that have control for treble, bass and volume. The volume control port also acts as a power switch. When it’s turned entirely down the speakers turn off. The volume knob has a cool blue backlit light that indicates the speakers are on.
Below that are two ports; one is a headphone port that allows you to listen music via your headphones and another one is an aux-in port allowing you to play music on speakers via a smartphone using a 3.5mm audio cable.
We do suggest pairing the T20 series with a quality DAC and you’ll be absolutely set.
Last words: The Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II happen to be the best budget computer speakers under $100 that work like a charm and will satisfy all your audio needs.
Harman Kardon Soundsticks III are the most handsome looking best audiophile desktop speakers on our list.
With a clear case design and exclusive build, these speakers are meant to grab everyone's attention.
They utilize a 2.1 channel speaker system that consists of a down firing subwoofer and two satellite speakers.
- Compatible with all devices with a stereo minijack output
- Outstanding bass performance
- Touch volume and mute controls. Satellite Height (inches) 10.
- Subwoofer volume control and Angle adjustable satellites
- Amplifier output power 10 Watt RMS per channel
The package comes with a quick start guide, RCA connectors, power connector, a subwoofer, and dual satellites speakers.
The satellites contain 4x1” transducers, each consisting of a10 watt amplifier. The subwoofer holds a 6” down firing bass powered by a 20 watt amplifier.
The satellite speakers, also referred to as soundsticks, have a unique rotating stand. This allows the speakers to be adjusted to any desired position or whatever angle to fit your needs.
Placing the soundsticks on either side of your desktop monitor will give any setup that futuristic, out-of-this-world feel at all times.
The right satellite speaker has a touch sensitive volume control. Each subwoofer contains plenty of connectors including one power connector, two ports for connecting satellite speakers, a 3.5mm audio output jack, and a very small bass adjustment knob.
Check out the entire review here.
The set mentioned here consists of wired speakers and costs around $150. There’s also a version available for $50 more, which eliminates disturbing wires and still retains the same sound.
"If you want a great audiophile computer speakers that adds glamour and style to your desktop; Harman Kardon Soundsticks III are the one to go with."
Klipsch is a colossal name in the audio industry when it comes to great quality audio products at a cheaper price.
They have made an immense name for themselves in the budget earphones sector.
The company has also been known to manufacture some of the best reference based studio monitors and studio headphones as well.
Therefore the next audiophile PC speaker set we’re presenting is the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Desktop Speakers.
Since they are THX certified, users can experience the same quality of music that the producer had intended. This inclusion gives the speakers a well-deserved spot on our list.
- LEGENDARY SOUND EXPERIENCE FROM KLIPSCH AND THX - The Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Speaker System pairs the legendary sound of Klipsch audio with the revolutionary THX experience, filling the room with incredible sound for gaming, movies, or music
- KLIPSCH MICROTRACTRIX HORN TECHNOLOGY makes a major contribution to the ProMedia’s amazing clarity. Their highly efficient design reproduces more sound from every watt of power, controlling the dispersion of that sound and sending it straight to your ears
- POWER & ATTITUDE - The two-way satellites’ 3” midrange drivers blend perfectly with the ProMedia THX Certified solid, 6.5” side-firing, ported subwoofer for full bandwidth bass response you can actually feel
- MAXIMUM OUTPUT: 200 watts of peak power, 110dB (in room) – to put that number into perspective - live rock music (108 - 114 dB) on average
- PERFORMANCE FLEXIBILITY - With its plug and play setup and convenient 3.5 millimeter input, the ProMedia THX Certified 2.1 speaker system offers an easy-to-use control pod with Main Volume and Subwoofer Gain Control
Design-wise they don’t stand out as compared to the previously mentioned Soundsticks III, but for visitors in your house it could be hard to digest that these speakers cost under $200.
Just like their headphones, these speakers have a great balance between the mids, the highs aren’t harsh at all, and there’s plenty of punch in lows as well.
With a total output of 160 watts these speakers are loud - impressively loud for a desktop configuration. They can be considered the best audiophile speakers in the 2.1 channel sector.
Compared to other speakers in a similar range customers are going to hear more details from the Klipsch and sound quality is incredible on these.
Build-wise they are made up of tough fiber plastic which won’t give up on you easily. Even the material used in the subwoofer is sturdy and built like a rock.
Last words: Durability won’t be an issue with this product, as they are meant to last.
Coming from a premium brand, the Audioengine A2+ Desktop Speakers are available in 3 colors: black, white and red!
I am a fan of Audioengine’s sleek and minimal design for their speakers, as well as their DACs.
Speaking of DACs, the Audioengine A2+ comes with integrated DAC which allows listeners to enjoy noise-free audio straight from their computer.
The quality of the build is what grabs the attention on these audiophile speakers. They’re made from 18mm thick wood and are built to last.
- PREMIUM POWERED DESKTOP SYSTEM WITH INTEGRATED DAC. The A2+ Computer Speakers provide CLEAR, FULL AUDIO and can easily connect to any device in seconds. Great for your desktop and smaller rooms.
- FEATURES: Built-in analog power amplifiers, dual analog audio inputs, USB audio input, hand-finished wood cabinets, variable audio output, subwoofer connection, custom aramid fiber woofers and silk tweeters, power-saving idle mode, cables included, works with Mac or PC, no software required, designed for desktop audio and fills most rooms.
- WORKS WITH: Turntables with built-in or external preamps, all music players: phones, desktop computers, laptops, notebooks, TVs with an analog output, CD and DVD players, video game consoles and all products with 1/8" mini-jack or RCA outputs.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Pair of Audioengine A2+ Powered Speakers, 2m Speaker Wire, Power Supply & Cord, USB cable,1.5m Mini-Jack Audio Cable, Microfiber Speaker bags and Cable Bags, Setup Guide, Brochure.
- WARRANTY: Audioengine builds quality speakers that they stand behind. All Audioengine products come with a 3-year transferable warranty.
Since the speakers are handmade, they also feature Kevlar-built woofers and silk tweeters. The Kevlar woofer driver size is 2.75 inches whereas the silk dome tweeters have a size of ¾ inches.
Audioengine A2+ speakers are 6 inches high, 4 inches wide and 5.75 inches deep. The front of these speakers is simple and features no controls or button. The back has a volume knob, RCA input and output ports, a USB Input, a power port, and left to right speaker connector.
Despite such a minimalist design, the sound quality of these is good enough to fill an entire room during parties or functions. Users can even attach these speakers to a subwoofer and enjoy a deeper sound.
Last words: We must say, a lot has gone into building these speakers and the price is totally justified considering the top of the line brand and authentic sound.
There are only so many products that get an almost 5-star rating on Amazon; Polk Audio RTi A1 bookshelf speakers are one of them.
With a complete wood design of MDF construction, these audiophile desktop speakers offer a resonance-free sound. A1’s comes in two colors; black and cherry.
These are not your regular audiophile bookshelf speakers. They are huge in size with a 5.25 inch woofer and 1-inch silk/polymer composite dome tweeter.
- Pair of real wood bookshelf speakers with all MDF construction and resonance-free enclosures
- Equipped with one 5.25-inch dynamic balance mineral/polymer composite cone driver
- Features Power Port technology to reduce "chuffing" or "port noise"
- Equipped with one 1-inch silk/polymer composite dome tweeter
- Features a neodynium magnet, low viscosity ferro-fluid cooling, and a heat sink on the back of the magnet
The package includes a pair of bookshelf speakers, pair of self-tapping screws, 8 self-adhesive rubber feet, an instruction manual, and connector cables.
These speakers are 12 inches high, 11.5 inches deep and 7.5 inches wide, meaning you’ll require a good amount of space to place them on either side of your desktop.
The A1’s are definitely not your average computer speakers. If you’re looking for boom-y sound effects, deeper bass, high reverberations and earth-shaking speakers, you can get them here for a cheaper price. Check out the entire review of these speakers here.
At this price point, only invest in a beast like this if you’re serious about your music.
Last words: Polk Audio RTi A1s play in the big leagues of serious audiophile users who would pay any price to hear their music sound pristine.
Well, here is the Audioengine A5+, which happen to be a big brother of the previously mentioned Audioengine A2+.
I can confidently say that the Audioengine A5+ are similar to the A2+ in terms of design and looks, and don’t have the shortcomings of the A2+.
These too are handmade from 1 inch of thick MDF board.
The Audioengine A5+ comes in two colors - black and white. For those interested there’s also a another version costing $70 more than the standard version built entirely out of bamboo wood.
They feature 5 inch Kevlar-built woofers and 2 inch silk dome tweeters along with neodymium magnets.
- CUSTOM POWERED BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS: Clear, full and powerful audio that fills any room. The A5+ Powered Speakers are constructed with custom Audioengine components: aramid fiber woofers, silk dome tweeters, and built-in power amps wrapped in precision-tuned and hand-crafted cabinets.
- RCA & 3.5mm INPUTS: Dual analog inputs connect to your computer or any other music source - start enjoying audiophile quality sound straight out of the box. With custom designed components, you will enjoy nuances of your music that you’ve never heard before.
- 150 WATTS OF POWER: Experience room filling sound from a small footprint with 150 watts of combined peak output. Easily connect the Audioengine S8 or other subwoofer via the RCA variable output. At 10.75”H x 7”W x 9”D, the A5+ Powered speakers sound much bigger than they are.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Pair of Audioengine A5+ Powered Speakers, Gold-Plated Banana Plug Speaker Wire, AC Power Cord, 3.5mm mini-jack Audio Cable, RCA Audio Cable, Remote Control, Microfiber Speaker Bags and Cable Bags, Setup Guide, Brochure
- WARRANTY: Stellar US based customer support and 3 year product warranty is included. Based in Austin, TX, Audioengine has been changing the way people listen to music since 2005. Our passion is creating products that sound great, are easy to use, and make people want to listen to music every day.
The package includes a pair of Audioengine A5+ speakers, a remote control, speaker wire, detachable power cord, RCA cables, a cloth speaker bag, and setup guide.
Unlike the Audioengine A2+, the A5+ thankfully displays the volume knob on the front of the product. The bass vents have been pushed behind.
These PC speaker also have a heat sink at the back of one A5+ speaker, allowing heat to easily dissipate and keep the speakers cool as they go to work.
Due to these changes, the company recommend keeping a space of at least 6 inches between the wall and back of these speakers.
Also, make sure you have plenty of space on your desktop to put these as they are 10.75 inches high, 7 inches wide, and 9 inches deep. They are the second biggest desktop speakers on our list.
Last words: Overcoming all the cons of the A2+, Audioengine has definitely added a lot of punch and great features into the A5+. With woofers and tweeters twice the size as the previous model, you’re destined to listen to rich lows and great clarity in highs.
Here’s to the great looking audiophile PC speakers in our list!
The Bowers and Wilkins MM1 speakers set an example of how a premium desktop speaker should be built.
Both speakers are covered from top to bottom with a fabric grill and separated by a silver metal strip in the middle.
Featuring a built-in DAC, they make sure your sound is noise free by converting the audio from digital to analog signal inside the speakers, rather than in your computer.
- TRUE HIFI COMPUTER SPEAKERS - The MM-1 brings true hi-fi quality sound to your desktop for the first time, giving your computer the audio it deserves
- NEAR-FIELD SWEET SPOT - The MM-1 computer audio speakers are designed to have a near-field sweet spot, meaning the best sound is a few feet from your monitor - right where you're sitting
- BUILT-IN DAC FOR QUALITY SOUND - Stream audio directly from your computer via USB, which converts the signal from digital to analog internally. The MM-1 also feature an aux line-in socket for connecting other devices.
- FULL-RANGE SOUND - Most computer speakers have just one drive unit to handle all frequencies. MM-1 has two drivers, one dedicated to bass and midrange frequencies and another for treble. It sounds like a Hi-Fi speaker, because it is one.
Both speakers are marked with “left” and “right” markings, so you know which speaker stands where.
They feature a 3 inch woofer and 1 inch tweeter on both speakers. This allows the device to have a very small footprint and take up less space on your desktop.
One downfall as far as style goes is that the fabric covering on these speakers gathers dust easily and is difficult to clean at times.
The MM1 connects directly to your computer via a USB port and features an input and output 3.5mm jack and mini USB port for connecting to your PC.